<$BlogRSDURL$>

22.10.04

Today is My Birthday 

Today is my birthday. We don’t actually celebrate it. But we talk about it at home a little and I get some nice presents from my siblings. It goes nice. My elder sister will make cakes or cookies and at afternoon we everyone (only our family members) will gather at the dining room and pass some time talking about it. My mom may say, “Make good prayers to Allah so that he may grant your wishes and thank him for all that he Has given you.” My sister will get busy cooking something special and I will get e-card from her, my younger brother will say or do something to sound philosophical (like presenting the application which I talked about on my last post), my younger sister will get some flowers from the garden to give me as gift or she will just take some candies from her possession and give me with a big smile saying ‘Happy birthday’ real loud. And if my father phones us on this day he will tell me, “My son, my son you are no longer a kid now. What have you have to offer to Allah? On this day you came to earth and on a day like this you will leave this earth. The days in between these two days are exam days for you. How have you performed in it? My son, I want you to go to Jamaat this week for three days and learn deen. You may take it as my command or my advice that’s up to you….” And if my elder brother phones and knows about it he will say, “Today is your birthday… really? How old are you now???”

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Ask the Imam Online Islamic Question and Answers