<$BlogRSDURL$>

5.7.04

Genius in a Day: 

By nature I was totally unstable in my high school, I didn’t like my section because my close friends were in A and C sections. So I used to attend classes in those sections to make fun. And about the attendance? I never really cared about that.

Every teacher has his own invented approach to take the first class of his new students to win them. Some try to be humorous by telling some jokes and tell the same jokes to new students on the first class every year. Some try to sound genius, some try to be very tough, some criticize, some flirt, some praise the students. Their approach is different from one another.

One day, I was in a math class with my friend Nasir and it was a newly appointed math teacher’s class named ‘Hasan Sir’. He started his class with some very difficult math questions. All though the students of A section were the best among students of other sections, nobody could answer a single question. Then the teacher answered all the questions and explained them. I didn’t attempt to answer any, as I was busy gossiping with Nasir (Just trying to sound a genius by not saying that I had no idea of what the teacher was asking.)

On the next day Hasan Sir came to our class (B section). And to my amazement he started with those same questions. His first question was a tough one. But I immediately answered that. Then he said, “ Let me see if any one of you can answer this one…” I answered that too. Then he asked another and another. Without giving others even the time to think I answered them all quickly. It seemed to me that my teacher was getting a little worried then, as he was running short of questions and things were not happening according to his plan. So he said, “Hey you, yes that boy over there. You don’t answer any more question. Give others chance. It’s understandable that there would be one or two geniuses in a class of 150 students. But that doesn’t mean that they would answer all the questions. The others should also be encouraged.”

That was it. I became a genius. And this news of my being a genius went to the farthest corner of our college. Half an hour later, after the class a boy from A section came to me and said, “Are you Zahir?”
I said, “Yeah, Why?”
“No, nothing…" He said, "Actually I was just interested to meet a brilliant student like you.”
I said, "Oh…" (My hand automatically went to my forehead rubbing it with the index finger, abashed)

The boy then said, "I heard that you answered all the questions of Hasan Sir without making any mistake. How could you do that?"

I pretended to be smart and said, "Ohhh…. It was nothing…"


Don’t ask me what happened on the next day when Hasan Sir came in the class with some new questions.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Ask the Imam Online Islamic Question and Answers