<$BlogRSDURL$>

13.6.04

A Lawyer in Support of a Bus Driver 

I always want to have an educated and talkative person beside me while I’m making a long journey, so that I can learn new things from him. Few days back I was lucky to have a lawyer to accompany me on my journey from Dhaka to Chittagong. His name is Ajay.
He told me a story of his own which depicts how a lawyer can bring justice in our society.
His Story:
One day, Ajay was traveling by a Dhaka-Chittagong bus and on the way a traffic police stopped the bus. The driver went down to inquire of what went wrong. After using abusive words, the policeman at one level slapped the driver on his face. Every passenger saw it but nobody protested. Then Mr. Ajay went down the bus and asked the policeman what the driver’s mistake was. “Why does it matter to you? You go and sit on your seat like a good man and let me do my job.” Said the policeman furious. “Okay, One thousand four hundred and thirty. We may meet at Chittagong court tomorrow. I guess.” Saying this Ajay came back to his seat and the driver also came in the bus and started the bus. Everyone forgot the police event. But 15 minutes later the same policeman came to the bus with his bike and stopped it again, but this time to Mr. Ajay.

Policeman: Tell me who you are.

Ajay: I’m just a simple passenger of this bus.

Policeman: No, you will have to tell me why you said we might meet at Chittagong tomorrow.

Ajay: Oh, that was nothing. Don’t you think that if you go to Chittagong tomorrow and then go to the Court Building, we may meet?

Policeman: Please just tell me what you meant by that.

Ajay: I meant nothing. I was just talking about a
possibility.


Policeman: Then tell me why you uttered that number.

Ajay: I’m a lawyer. Just think if I file a case against you that the policeman by this batch number, at this place, at this time did this… Do you think you can escape the punishment?

Policeman: I’m very sorry. Please forgive me.

Ajay: Don’t beg apology to me. Beg it from him to whom you did injustice.

Now, all the passengers came forward in favour of the driver. Mr. Ajay found that the situation may get out of control. So, he let him get away and told the driver to start the bus again.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Ask the Imam Online Islamic Question and Answers