<$BlogRSDURL$>

20.6.04

Lovers on the Way to Chittagong 

I was coming from Dhaka to Chittagong by a bus and like always it stopped at Comilla for a 15 minute so that the passengers can have ablution and snacks or refresh themselves. But when the bus was ready to leave a boy (around 20 to 22 years old) was totally reluctant to get in the bus. And a girl was earnestly requesting him to get in the bus. The boy began to scream at the girl saying, “I told you in Dhaka that there would be no use going to Chittagong. But you didn’t listen. Now, you go there. I’m going back to Dhaka.”
The girl kept requesting his, “Please, please Rahat, just take me to Chittagong and you come back on the next bus.”
Rahat: No, I’m going to Dhaka from here. It was your fault and you will have to pay for it.
Girl: Please, please…(the girl kept saying please, please and tear began to downpour from her eyes unchecked.
Girl: All the people are looking at us. Will you just get in? I’m begging you.

As their drama went, the allotted 15 minutes passed and the conductor of the bus was pushing the boy to get in the bus.

Conductor: Please both of you two get in the bus. We are already late. We can’t make more delay.
A passenger: My dear brother (addressing Rahat) such matter always happens. But you need to forget them sometimes.
Another passenger: Hey, you conductor…What the hell are you doing here? Are you having fun observing the drama of these two stupid? Leave both of them here and lets go.

Meanwhile there was a small gathering of people enjoying the sight. One of the passengers pulled the boy by the hand and said, “It’s nothing. Everything will be all right. You just don’t mind about what happened.
“A quarrel is very common among bothers and sisters.” Said an elderly man.

“Brothers and sisters, huh?” another bystander mocked at the previous one.

I was happy that all the passengers are in the bus and we can go now.

When they are in the bus nobody noticed at them. Rahat was screaming at the girl at the top of his voice and the girl was shedding tears and kept saying, “Please, please…” I think the attitude of our countrymen has changed. Nobody bothered to worry about those two. Maybe the all the passengers of that bus have already got accustomed to such incidents. But even after a long while they didn’t stop. The driver then played Lata Mangesker’s ……. Song, “Tune chor diya re mere haat magar tera peyar meye nehe bhule…(You left me but I haven’t forgotten the love I received from you...)” I don’t know whether it is the song that softened Rahat or he got tried scolding her. But I’m sure if the song was Rabi Chowdhury’s, “Tumi Dukkho pao. Kosto Pao ei ame chai. Bujheye chi, Bujo ne ei amake…(You get pain, you feel sorrow, this is what I want. I tried to make you understand, but you didn’t understand me” the fight would have never stopped. I appreciate the intelligence of the bus driver.
When Bangladeshi girls are having so much respect and honour in this so called old-fashioned lifestyle, they are willing to be regularly humiliated by adopting the western culture. There are people who support this boy and girl free mixing.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Ask the Imam Online Islamic Question and Answers